I have always liked the way the Topps Total cards looked signed, and when I saw this one pop up for only a couple bucks I jumped at it.
- Drafted out of a high school in the 3rd round by the Montreal Expos in 2000.
- Was the Expos #6 prospect (2000) and #3 (2001).
- Part of a blockbuster trade in 2002. Was traded by Expos with 1B Lee Stevens, 2B Brandon Phillips and LHP Cliff Lee to Indians for RHP Bartolo Colon and RHP Tim Drew. That was a good trade.
- With the Indians was the organizations #7 prospect (2002) and #1 (2003)
- Made the majors in 2004, and was a full-time starter beginning in 2005.
- From 2005-2008 he was one of the greatest Indians players in history. He hit .281/.372/.469 and averaged 27 HR and 29 stolen bases a year. All while playing Gold Glove defense.
- He would be awarded three All-Star appearances (2006-2008).
- Starting in 2009 the wheels would come off. Sizemore would be plagued by injuries that would hurt his playing time and production. He would never again come close to putting up a full seasons worth of at-bats.
- He left the organization in 2014 and would spend two seasons bouncing between Boston, Philly and Tampa Bay before hanging it up.
I remember when he was playing in Akron…I think it was 2002 or 2003…I made a special trip all the way from Cleveland to get him. He was nice enough. I was always a fan, and it was a bummer watching injuries devestate what should have been a special career.
|10 Y||10 Y||10 Y||10 Y||4147||150||518||143||47||483||952||.265||.349||.457||.806||115|