- Will Benson was the 14th overall pick in the 2016 draft. He was a high school pick out of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Power is his game. He has a ton of it.
- The biggest issue is that he has problems making contact…and you can’t hit for power unless you can hit the ball first.
- Top notch athlete.
- He started the 2017 season off slow in Mahoning Valley but got stronger as the season went on. He would end his 2017 campaign with a line of .238/.347/.475 with 10 HR and 7 SB. His 10 HR would lead the team.
- He also has 31 walks to 80 K, which is a decent enough ratio for a power hitter.
- Don’t forget: he is a High School bat. He was about two years younger than most of his competition in Low-A.
- If he reaches his potential he should be the Indians own Jason Heyward–which is high praise.
I got this autograph since a sweet spot card that I got done via a consignment was smeared. At first, I was not that upset, but then I read about how strong he ended the season and got myself pretty worked up. He might not pan out, but if he does there is some serious potential here…I will regret not getting as many of his autographs as I could while there were still cheap.